By Ramesh Sivanpillai, John F. Shroder
Biological and Environmental risks, hazards, and Disasters presents an built-in examine significant affects to the Earth’s biosphere. lots of those are as a result of ailments, algal blooms, bugs, animals, species extinction, deforestation, land degradation, and comet and asteroid moves that experience very important implications for people.
This quantity, from Elsevier’s Hazards and failures Series, presents an in-depth view of threats, starting from microscopic organisms to celestial gadgets. views from either typical and social sciences offer an in-depth knowing of power impacts.
- Contributions from professional ecologists, environmental, organic, and agricultural scientists, and public wellbeing and fitness experts chosen through a world-renowned editorial board
- Presents the most recent learn on damages, causality, financial affects, fatality premiums, and preparedness and mitigation
- Contains tables, maps, diagrams, illustrations, and pictures of damaging processes
Read Online or Download Biological and Environmental Hazards, Risks, and Disasters PDF
Best pollution books
From 1945 via 1962, the U.S. atmospheric nuclear guns trying out software concerned thousands of army and civilian body of workers, and a few of them have been uncovered to ionizing radiation. Veterans' teams have seeing that been involved that their participants' overall healthiness used to be stricken by radiation publicity linked to participation in nuclear assessments and feature confused Congress for incapacity reimbursement.
EPR of loose Radicals in Solids: tendencies in tools and purposes provides tools and purposes of recent EPR for the learn of loose radical strategies in solids, which thus far are just to be had within the magazine literature. the 1st a part of the ebook, masking tendencies in tools, includes experimentally orientated chapters on non-stop wave and pulsed EPR options and precise tools regarding muon magnetic resonance and optical detection and idea for dynamic reports.
- Water Utility Capital Financing
- Bio-based Polyols and Polyurethanes
- Listening To The Sea: The Politics of Improving Environmental Protection (Pitt Series in Policy and Institutional Studies)
- The Prevention of Oil Pollution
- Aerosol Optics: Light Absorption and Scattering by Particles in the Atmosphere
- CO2 Sequestration, Biofuels and Depollution
Extra info for Biological and Environmental Hazards, Risks, and Disasters
84, 1617e1625. , 2010. The growing human footprint on coastal and open-ocean biogeochemistry. Science 328, 1512e1516. , 1997. Development and preliminary validation of a microtiter plate-based receptor binding assay for paralytic shellfish poisoning toxins. Toxicon 35, 625e636. , 2001. Predicting cyanobacteria dominance in lakes. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 58, 1905e1908. , 1989. Toxic algal bloom in Scandinavian waters, MayeJune 1988. Oceanography 2, 9e14. , 2005. Lake Washington. S. ), The Lakes Handbook: Lake Restoration and Rehabilitation.
Some of the most damaging PSP outbreaks in the Philippines, in 1995, are thought to have been exacerbated by poor communication. When the HAB struck, the “Red Tide Task Force” failed to adequately publicize a ban on shellfish harvesting and sales, leading to threats of arrests, large numbers of poisonings and a “state of calamity” being declared, with the livelihoods of 20,000 fishermen directly affected (Damasco and Corrales, 1994). Lessons have been learned since this time, and new communication technologies now exist.
30, 356e364. , 2009. Impacts of Florida red tides on coastal communities. Harmful Algae 8, 618e622. , 2001. Environmental public health surveillance: possible estuary-associated syndrome. Environ. Health Perspect. 109, 797. , 1979. Clinical observations on 3,009 cases of ciguatera (fish poisoning) in the South Pacific. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 28, 1067e1073. , 2006. PSP in the Philippines : three decades of monitoring a disaster. Coastal Mar. Sci. 30, 104e106. , 1996. The control of diatom and cyanobacterial blooms in reservoirs using barley straw.
- Air Pollution Impacts on Plants in East Asia by Takeshi Izuta
- Biogeochemical Technologies for Managing Pollution in Polar by Vladimir N. Bashkin