By M. Ian Phillips (auth.), M. Ian Phillips PhD, DSc (eds.)
Announcement of the whole sequencing of the human genome in April 2003 tested the presence of hundreds of thousands of goals for antisense oligonucleotides and opened tips to 1000s of preclinical animal reports and a few 20 ongoing medical trials. during this moment variation of Antisense Therapeutics, a group of major researchers and medical scientists exhibit the hot truth of antisense and RNA inhibition for treating a huge variety of illnesses. The authors convey how antisense oligonucleotides are being designed and studied relating to high blood pressure, a number of cancers, inflammatory bowel affliction, mind problems, the blood-brain barrier, and drug supply. Highlights comprise RNA-based treatments for plenty of illnesses, updated tools and functions, and perception into the big capability to supply a brand new new release of gear.
hugely useful and disorder orientated, Antisense Therapeutics, moment variation deals not just a primer for a brand new new release of drug discovery researchers, but additionally an illuminating exploration of the capability in exploiting RNA inhibition for novel human therapeutics.
Read or Download Antisense Therapeutics PDF
Similar nonfiction_9 books
It really is greatly stipulated that the world’s water provide will come to represent the blue gold of the twenty first century. As such, it truly is crucial that extra efforts be invested in constructing useful skill for coping with this usual wealth, with a view to steer clear of any attainable hazard of depletion, illness or hostile negative effects for the societies who rely on it.
Legionnaires’ affliction is a critical type of pneumonia which can ensue in epidemics of a number of hundred situations. This unusual pneumonia is characterised by way of a excessive mortality fee and impacts essentially aged and immuno-compromised members. An in-depth realizing of the ecology and virulence of Legionella spp.
Up-to-date and revised, the second one variation of Danto and His Critics offers a sequence of essays through prime Danto students who provide their serious evaluation of the influential works and ideas of Arthur C. Danto, the Johnsonian Professor Emeritus within the division of Philosophy at Columbia college and long-time paintings critic for The state.
- A study of the “Saíocht” of a parish in Co. Clare
- Strata Mechanics
- Model Cellulosic Surfaces
- The 8 Hour Diet In 15 Minutes: Intermittent Fasting Made Easy
- Managing IP Networks: Challenges and Opportunities
- Class 1 · Oxidoreductases: EC 1
Extra info for Antisense Therapeutics
Engl. J. Med. 326, 10–16. 3. 3 King, S. , Lembo, N. , and Weintraub, W. S. (1994) A randomized trial comparing coronary angioplasty with coronary bypass surgery. Emory Angioplasty versus Surgery Trial (EAST). N. Engl. J. Med. 331, 1044–1050. 4. , Mannion, J. , et al. (1998) Synthetic DNA-based compounds for the prevention of coronary restenosis: current status and future challenges. ), Marcel Dekker New York, pp. 363–393. 5. , Kutryk, M. J. , et al. (1998) Antisense oligonucleotide against c-myc administered with the Transport delivery catheter for the prevention of in-stent restenosis: results of the randomized ITALICS trial.
16 Manoharan, M. (2002) Oligonucleotide conjugates as potential antisense drugs with improved uptake, biodistribution, targeted delivery, and mechanism of action. Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev. 2, 103–128. 17. , Warnier, M. , and Jadot, M. (2003) Uptake by mouse liver and intracellular fate of plasmid DNA after a rapid tail vein injection of a small or a large volume. J. Gene Med. 5, 142–156. 18. , Leonard, S. , et al. (2002) Discovery and development of respirable antisense therapeutics for asthma.
56. , et al. (2003) Structural variations and stabilizing modifications of synthetic siRNAs in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acid Res. 31, 2705–2716. 57. 57 Chiu, Y. L. and Rana, T. M. (2002) RNAi in human cells: basic structural and functional features of small interfering RNA. Mol. Cell 10, 549–561. 58. , Wiiger, M. , and Prydz, H. (2002) Positional effects of short interfering RNAs targeting the human coagulation trigger tissue factor. Nucleic Acids Res. 30, 1757–1766. 59. , and Prydz, H. (2003) Tolerance for mutations and chemical modifications in a siRNA.
- Big Vegan: More than 350 Recipes, No Meat/No Dairy All by Robin Asbell
- Approximate and Noisy Realization of Discrete-Time Dynamical by Yasumichi Hasegawa