By Lawrence K. Wang, Norman C. Pereira, Yung-Tse Hung
This better half to pollution keep an eye on Engineering is gifted as a uncomplicated pollution regulate layout textbook, in addition to a reference e-book protecting the basic chemistry, physics, and arithmetic foundations of engineering perform. Wang (Lenox Institute of Water Technology), Pereira (retired, Monsanto Company), and Hung (civil and environmental engineering, Cleveland nation U.) current 12 chapters discussing atmospheric modeling and dispersion, desulfurization and emissions regulate, carbon sequestration, regulate of NOx in the course of desk bound combustion, regulate of heavy metals in emission streams, air flow and air-con, indoor pollution keep an eye on, smell pollutants regulate, radon pollutants keep an eye on, cooling of thermal discharges, functionality and prices of pollution keep an eye on applied sciences, noise pollutants, and noise keep an eye on
Read Online or Download Advanced Air and Noise Pollution Control: PDF
Best pollution books
From 1945 via 1962, the united states atmospheric nuclear guns trying out application concerned thousands of army and civilian group of workers, and a few of them have been uncovered to ionizing radiation. Veterans' teams have due to the fact that been involved that their individuals' health and wellbeing used to be suffering from radiation publicity linked to participation in nuclear assessments and feature stressed Congress for incapacity reimbursement.
EPR of unfastened Radicals in Solids: traits in tools and functions offers equipment and purposes of contemporary EPR for the examine of unfastened radical tactics in solids, which thus far are just on hand within the magazine literature. the 1st a part of the e-book, protecting developments in equipment, includes experimentally orientated chapters on non-stop wave and pulsed EPR innovations and designated tools regarding muon magnetic resonance and optical detection and idea for dynamic experiences.
- Solar Activity and Earth's Climate
- Airborne particulate matter: sources, atmospheric processes and health
- Year Book 1990. Advisory Committee on Pollution of the Sea
- World Atlas of Atmospheric Pollution
- Blue Ridge 2020: An Owner's Manual
- Lagrangian Mechanics, Dynamics and Control
Additional resources for Advanced Air and Noise Pollution Control:
2. 3. 4. Sulfur pollution (sulfur oxides, hydrogen sulfide, and organic sulfur pollutants). The US Air Quality Act. Solid-phase desulfurization (coal cleaning, gasification, and liquefaction). Liquid-phase desulfurization (acid-lake restoration for H2SO4 removal and groundwater decontamination for H2S removal). 5. Gas-phase desulfurization (SOx and H2S removals from air emission streams). From: Handbook of Environmental Engineering, Volume 2: Advanced Air and Noise Pollution Control Edited by: L.
If at least one of the six values is different from that recommended by the government, only Eq. (15) can be used. When X = 9000 m and He = 20 m, both Eqs. 77 g s, calculated by Eq. (15) . 77 g s, calculated by Eq. (16) . 75 2 ] The Qa values for various X and He values can also be calculated. Finally, Fig. 2 was prepared. For the graph, stack heights of 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160 and 180 m were plotted while distances downwind ranged from 100 to 10,000 m. Again, Fig. 2 shows the solution only for the region where Qa increases with X.
3. The computer programs for air quality management and air dispersion analysis are available in the literature (15,16). The hand-calculated results in this chapter agree closely with the computer-calculated results. 1 predicts the dispersion of airborne sulfur dioxide from a stack, a slightly modified calculation procedure and computer program can predict the dispersion of other types of gaseous pollutants from a stack. Specifically, the stack emission rate Q and the parameter PPM SO must be recalculated and replaced, respectively, considering the 2 new physical data of another gaseous pollutant.
- The Effects of Air Pollution on the Built Environment by Peter Brimblecombe
- Mathematical Modeling of Groundwater Pollution by Ne-Zheng Sun