By John Valentine Wistar Shaw
The cloth assembled during this ebook is a survey of Palestine and used to be ready among the center of December, 1945, and the tip of January, 1946. the item of the survey was once to ascertain the stipulations in Palestine with designated realization to matters touching on absorptive potential.
Read Online or Download A Survey of Palestine PDF
Best historical study & educational resources books
The simplest portrait of Jay Landesman as a cultural conduit was once written by means of Beat historian John Clellon Holmes, 'Most of the time, Landesman used to be that certain phenomenon in a status-drunk society: a guy who knew that the single quite hip type is the following one, the person who hasn't been proven but. within the overdue forties he shifted his realization to the preferred arts with no sacrificing his feel of the tradition as a complete.
Covers the interval top as much as the battle (1803-1812) and the occasions of the warfare itself (1812-1815), the chronology lays out the struggle. The dictionary contains greater than 1,400 dictionary entries overlaying descriptions of engagements, factors of weaponry, the compositions of regiments, significant figures and a whole checklist of key locations, matters and phrases.
Within the 13th century, Italian service provider and explorer Marco Polo traveled from Venice to the some distance reaches of Asia, a trip he chronicled in a story titled Il Milione, later often called The Travels of Marco Polo. whereas Polo’s writings may move directly to encourage the likes of Christopher Columbus, students have lengthy debated their veracity.
- Historical Dictionary of Brunei Darussalam
- Winnipeg: A Social History of Urban Growth 1875-1914
- A Million Years in a Day: A Curious History of Everyday Life from the Stone Age to the Phone Age
- Deaf Empowerment: Emergence, Struggle, and Rhetoric
- The Americas: World Boundaries (World Boundaries, Vol 4)
- Dictionary of wars
Additional info for A Survey of Palestine
While Imperial forces, Army and Boyal Air Force or both, have been maintained in Palestine at varying strengths, since the occupation, the primary responsibilityin the maintenance of public security has rested with the civil administration. Although in 1938 the operational control of the Police Force was vested in the General Officer Commanding the British Forces in Palestine and Trans-Jordan and is stillso vested, the armed forces of the Crown are used in support of the civilpower; in other words, in emergency they supplement but do not replace the normal forces of law and order, the police.
13. The growth of the Police Force reflected in table 1 continued up to the outbreak of war, when the Arab rebellion was brought to a close and also the Jewish terrorist activities which had broken out in the summer of 1939. Thereafter, new requirements both arising out of the war and in respect of the enforcement of law and order influenced the development of the Force. Since there is a substantial degree of correlation between war needs and the maintenance of internal security, it is not in the main practicable to distinguish as between these main causes underlying war-time development.
72. The following table summarizes the results detailedabove SUMMARY OF ALLOCATION Revenue item Income tax Land registry fees OP R E V E N U E , 1944/45. n9 Customs duties: — (1) Motor traffic (incl. surcharges and licences amounting to £P. 353,000) 1,175 438 1,613 (2) Sugar 55 99 154 (3) Coffee 7 7 14 394 350 744 13 31 44 924 435 1,359 (4) Tobacco (5) Cotton piece goods (6) Other customs duties 577 :— CHAPTER XIV. 3) (100) 3,671 2,420 Revenue item Excise duties : — (1) Matches (2) Tobacco (3) Intoxicants (4) Salt (5) Cement Companies registration fees Stamp duties Posts and telegraphs Total revenue Benefits 1944/45.
- Stem Cells from Cord Blood, in Utero Stem Cell Development by U. Kapp, R. Mertelsmann (auth.), W. Holzgreve, M. Lessl
- Hip Magnetic Resonance Imaging by Carl Siversson PhD (auth.), Young-Jo Kim, Tallal Charles